Lunar Pen Upgrade to version 9.03
Patch Type: Product Updates
Using the Dolphin pen upgrade patches.
Before you start:
1. If you are upgrading from a version 8.03 or earlier make sure you have your personal unlock code for the v9 pen. Unlock codes work only with one specific serial number!
2. Make a backup of the pen and move any additional files you may have saved on the pen to your computer. Note, it is not possible to make a backup of the pen onto the pen itself, the backup needs to be saved onto the hard disk (usually C: drive) of a computer.
To make a backup:
i. Open Windows Explorer (Windows key + E)
ii. Navigate to "Dolphin Pen" (usually E: drive or F: drive)
iii. Find the command script called "Backup Pen Contents.cmd".
iv. Run this and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Install the Version 9.03 Interceptor/Pen Autostart pack. Then re-start your computer. This step requires Administrator privileges.
IMPORTANT. If the new Interceptor/Pen Autostart is not installed, the upgrade process will not complete correctly. The Version 9.03 Pen Interceptor/Autostart is available from here:
4. Download the correct upgrade patch for your pen onto your computer (not onto the pen). There are different versions for Lunar, LunarPlus, Hal and Supernova - make sure you download the correct one.
5. Make sure you have enough space on your hard disk (at least 350 MB free space) and on your Dolphin Pen (min. 100 MB free space).
For Version: 9.01, 9.02
Upgrading your pen:
1. Insert the pen.
2. Locate the upgrade patch on your hard disk (the file you have downloaded in step 4 above) and run it. Follow the instructions to start the upgrade process.
3. When the previous step is completed you will be presented with a message asking you to remove the pen and then insert it again.
Remove the pen from the USB port and then wait a few seconds.
4. Insert the pen again and wait while the upgrade will be finalized. Please be patient, this step will take about 2-3 minutes and there is no speech feedback. It might seem as if nothing is happening!
IMPORTANT: Do not remove the pen while the upgrade completes! Please wait until the upgrade is complete and your Pen Product starts!
5. When the upgrade is complete your pen product will start automatically. If you have upgraded from a Version 8.03 or earlier you will be prompted to enter the unlock code. Please type in (or copy and paste) the Version 9 unlock code you have received from Dolphin or your Dolphin dealer.
6. Your upgrade is now complete and you will now be able to use your version 9 pen!