Benefits of Dolphin Scripting
Speech, Magnification & Braille, one application, one script
Supernova is uniquely powerful in offering screen magnification, full screen reading capabilities and Braille display support all combined into one software program. Dolphins Scripting engine offers the flexibility to customise the behaviour of each of these outputs, ensuring the user has the best and most comprehensive information available to them. Equally, should you just require a script for Lunar's magnification or for Hal screen reading and Braille support, this is also possible.
No Premium Charge for Scripting Functionality
Unlike many other AT solutions, Dolphin’s Scripting engine comes as standard from version 9 of Supernova, Hal, Lunar and LunarPlus. So we won't charge you more for a Pro version or a scripting edition!
Scripts & Maps, Perfectly Integrated & Ultimately flexible
Scripts are the new tool in the Dolphin armoury and join Maps created via Dolphin’s intuitive and easy to learn training mode. It is the joining of these two technologies that ensure your access is truly flexible, powerful and customised enabling the solution to meet your exact requirements. Augmenting Dolphin's existing mapping technology, Scripting adds additional power and further opportunities for configuration and flexibility. Plus you can choose the method or combination of both that suit your application, situation or skills.
Demonstrate your true potential through increased productivity and workplace integration.
Develop & Enhance Functionality
Dolphin Scripting allows you to enjoy optimal screen reader, magnification and Braille feedback customised and configured precisely for the applications you are working with.
Improve Speed and Your Efficiency
Dolphin Scripting enables you to simplify and automate lengthy processes, enabling you to significantly increase your speed and efficiency.
No Compromise Access
Liberate yourself with a bespoke solution designed to meet your exact requirements.
Author Scripts using a non-proprietary scripting language
Unlike some screen readers, Dolphin scripts are created using LUA, a non proprietary, open source scripting language. Lua is familiar and easily adopted by any scripter writer and because it is a non proprietary language you won’t need a 5 day course, with a 5 day price tag!
Be a part of a Larger Community
As a respected and world renowned open source language, there are numerous Lua resources, utilities and communities that are freely available.
Share with Ease
Unlike some other screen readers, you won’t have to have the same language that the script was originally written in installed on your machine to work, offering you the flexibility to easily share your script with other Dolphin software users.
More cost effective than other Scripting solutions
We won't recommend a Script file if you don’t need one! Because your Dolphin software comes with a training mode that allows non-programmers to create Maps, or bespoke files that optimise the performance of your Dolphin software for specific applications or situations, you might not need a script file, saving you time and money.
The Dolphin Scripting Zone
The new Dolphin Scripting web pages will enable you to download free scripts, rate your favourite scripts, share ideas and thoughts on the online forum. Got a great script idea? Post your idea and suggestions online and you never know a scripter might just make it happen for you!
A Complete Accessibility Solution
Large employers or Government departments looking to pro-actively cater for their existing or prospective employees can offer a single fully accessible solution for their proprietary and notoriously inaccessible applications. Supernova's speech, magnification & Braille support, customised for optimal performance with proprietary applications, ensure compliance with growing disability legislation and the ability to meet staff needs no matter their level of sight loss.
What can Dolphin Scripting do? The possibilities are almost endless!
Here are just a few examples of the types of things Scripting can do for you. This list is in no way exhaustive, the possibilities are almost endless and only limited by your imagination!
- Bookmark a specific piece of information on a specific website so you can return to that information instantly and with ease. Keeping an eye on the dollar exchange rate? Jump straight to this piece of crucial data on the long list on you favourite website.
- Format the Braille screen by collating key data from around the screen, that then displays in a handy ‘snapshot’ on your Braille display.
- Configure your Dolphin software to announce or display application controls and data in more meaningful way.
- Alter the tab order of an application to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Announce off screen MSAA information that isn't visible to the sighted eye.
- Make inaccessible applications accessible.
- Announce or display key data upon the occurrence of another event.
- Create a bespoke key that announces or displays crucial information in certain situations.
- Working in a call centre and the outbound calls are made for you. Scripting can ensure your magnification focus automatically switches to the dialling call, but returns to the call list when the line rings busy.
- Create simplified dialogs and interfaces to enable faster data entry to complicated programs.
View the list of available scripts and see for yourself!
"Traditionally screen readers don't support Project applications. When I heard Dolphin did Scripting, I was all over it. This is fantastic! Now there is no limit to what Hal can read and it's twice as fast as my previous screen reader when moving around the screen and reading things."
Read the scripts case study