How to install a Dolphin script
Scripts in the Dolphin scripting zone can have various different file extensions (.ZIP, .LUX, .LUA, .DTL or a combination of these files). Depending on the type of file you download, follow these simple step by step instructions to get a script working with your Dolphin software.
Install instructions for .LUA or .LUX files:
- Download the script file to a folder on your hard disk.
- If you are running Dolphin software that is version 10 or earlier, open the Control Panel of your Dolphin Product and choose "Import" from the "Map" menu. For version 11 users, open the Control Panel of your Dolphin Product and choose "Import" from the "File" menu.
- Browse to the file you saved in step 1 and import it.
NOTE: in order to see .lua or .lux files in the import window you may need to switch 'Files of type' in the drop down menu.
Install instructions for .ZIP files:
- Download the ZIP file to a folder on your hard disk.
- Unzip the ZIP file or copy and paste the contents to a folder on your hard disk.
- The ZIP file should contain a file called README.TXT. Please read this file for further instructions how to install the script. If no Read-me file is included import the script file(s) from the "Map" menu as above.
Note: Most script files from Dolphin will contain an installer inside the ZIP file that installs the script file for you. Please choose the installer for your product (e.g. "Supernova_Script_installer.exe") and run it, this will automatically install the script files into your Dolphin software. You might need to re-start your Dolphin software before the new script is loaded.
"Traditionally screen readers don't support Project applications. When I heard Dolphin did Scripting, I was all over it. This is fantastic! Now there is no limit to what Hal can read and it's twice as fast as my previous screen reader when moving around the screen and reading things."
Read the scripts case study