Simple talking computing for people with sight loss
Latest Version: 7.01 - What's new?
Dolphin Guide Forum Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of Dolphin Computer Access /Dolphin Guide Chat / Dolphin Guide Forum Rules
These rules (Rules) set out the terms for use of the DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS DOLPHIN GUIDE CHAT ROOM (GUIDE CHAT) and GUIDE FORUM, which apply to all users. Any submission of material by you to GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions of these Rules.
GUIDE CHAT and GUIDE FORUM are sites operated by DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 2065974 and we have our registered office at Technology House, Blackpole Estate West, Worcester, WR3 8TJ. Our VAT number is 640975324.
GUIDE CHAT is an online chat room for the purpose of social interaction with other Dolphin Guide/Dolphin Guide HandsFree users.
GUIDE FORUM is a technical problem and solution service dealing with product and technical issues. It is not for social interaction. Please respect the distinction. If the distinction is not respected then abusers may have access to the GUIDE FORUM terminated.
USE OF GUIDE CHAT AND GUIDE FORUM BY MEMBERS
When using GUIDE CHAT and the GUIDE FORUM, members should:
- Respect each other and their hosts
- Not try to moderate or act as an unauthorised moderator, but rather report inappropriate comment or behaviour of other users to Software Express Limited
- Be aware that GUIDE CHAT and the GUIDE FORUM are moderated strictly for the safety of their members. We therefore advise that any disputes with moderators are to be taken to private message and not displayed in the forums
- Request permission prior to starting a person-to-person chat with another member
- Be aware that they have the right to refuse to give out any and all personal details
- Be aware that they have the right to refuse any request for a person-to-person chat from another member. They may not, however, refuse a person-to-person chat from a host
- Request permission from hosts before beginning a private chat with them. Please respect the fact that hosts are responsible for multiple duties at the same time, so we request that members be understanding if hosts must decline a person-to-person chat with them right away. It is very difficult for hosts to have to be in multiple person-to-person chats and monitor the forums at the same time
- Request permission before emailing other members. Please don't assume that because other members have joined the forums, that all emails will be welcome.
- Be aware that if we feel that any member is acting in a way which interferes with the interests of other members, we may take action against this member in order to protect the rest of the group
USE OF GUIDE CHAT AND GUIDE FORUM BY MINORS
The use of GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM should be made aware of the potential risks to them and of their obligation to comply with these Rules when using GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks to minors from third parties when they use GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
GUIDE CHAT and the GUIDE FORUM are fully moderated. Every contribution submitted to GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM (Contribution) will be checked by us for compliance with our content standards (See below) as soon as reasonably practicable after it is published.
Although GUIDE CHAT and the GUIDE FORUM are fully moderated, we are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate GUIDE CHAT or GUIDE FORUM, or any other service we provide on our site, and we may stop moderating GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM at any time. We reserve the right to remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person or which we deem unlawful or in violation of any third party rights. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM by any person in contravention of these Rules.
SUBMISSION OF CONTRIBUTIONS
Before making a Contribution you must register with GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM by emailing us at: info@YourDolphin.com. Your name and email address will appear as part of your Contribution when published.
To add a Contribution to a discussion, please send a new email to either Guide.Chat or Guide.Support, making sure you enter the subject you wish to discuss in the subject box on the email. Contributions cannot be made anonymously.
There is no limit to the length of a Contribution.
To enable us to publish comments from as many different people as possible, please refrain from posting multiple Contributions. Multiple Contributions may discourage others who might otherwise wish to take part.
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS will determine, at its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts)
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions)
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted
- Be relevant
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual without their informed consent
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Be in contempt of court
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS, if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist in any unlawful or criminal act
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites
- Contain swearing, inappropriate names, abuse, promotional drug talk, webcam requests or involve flooding, scrolling, spamming other chatters, or harassment of other chatters outside of the chat room by direct email or phone communication
- Contain strong language or vulgarity. Use a similar standard of language to what you might hear on major TV network, on the radio, or in any other public forum. Crude sex words are strictly prohibited. Using asterisks or other symbols in place of letters does not make a word okay to use. Please use common sense and courtesy. If you wouldn't say it in polite company you shouldn't say it here
- Contain personal insults to others
- Involve flaming others. If you don't like what someone has to say, the chat room gives you the option to ignore their posts. If you aren't sure how to do this, ask a host.
By submitting a Contribution to GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM, you agree to grant DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards (See above), you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to either GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM, you are warranting that you have the right to grant DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to SOFTWARE EXPRESS LIMITED, please do not submit the Contribution to either GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM.
BREACH OF THESE RULES
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM
- Issue of a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- Further legal action against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We would like everyone to enjoy using our Guide support forum & Guide chat forum. The purpose of the Guide forum is to put Guide users in touch with each other and offer an environment in which technical questions can be answered by other Guide users, or users can get in touch socially. Users of the forum should make themselves familiar with the terms & conditions governing the forum and make sure that the messages they post conform to these. If they do not, we may have to remove your access to the forum as follows:
- First time an email is posted which does not comply with terms & conditions: informal warning.
- Second time an email is posted which does not comply with terms & conditions: one month ban.
- Third time an email is posted which does not comply with terms & conditions: three month ban.
- Fourth time an email is posted which does not comply with terms & conditions: permanent ban.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM, please write to us at Technology House, Blackpole Estate West, Worcester, WR3 8TJ, or email us at info@YourDolphin.com. We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with our Content Standards. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates our Content Standards as described above (see section "Breach of these Rules"). We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
CHANGES TO THESE RULES
We may revise these Rules at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.