Frequently Asked Questions about EasyConverter
Click on the questions about EasyConverter to view the answers.
- What exactly is a DAISY book?
- Why DAISY?
- Why Choose EasyConverter?
- Is EasyConverter translated into other languages?
- A student studying French (or any foreign language) would like learning materials in audio, how does this work with EasyConverter?
- Can EasyConverter remember different user profiles?
- I plan to scan lots of paper documents, can you recommend a scanner?
- Do I need anything in addition to the EasyConverter software to convert to Braille?
- What embossers are compatible with EasyConverter?
- Can I input files created by the new Microsoft Save as DAISY XML plug-in?
- Is there a maximum number of pages that I am able to scan with EasyConverter?
- Which types of files can be converted with EasyConverter?
- Can EasyConverter handle locked PDFs?
- Can EasyConverter convert hard copy documents, such as text books into accessible formats?
- What happens to font styles such as bold, italics and underlined text?
- What happens to pictures and images when converting to large print?
- What are NIMAS files?
- How can I protect my DAISY book content?
- How can my readers access a DAISY book?
- Which types of files can be produced with EasyConverter?
- Can I produce CD-A audio with EasyConverter?
- What is DAISY?
- Can I produce DAISY 3 with EasyConverter?
- Can I protect my DAISY content so it can't be copied?
- How do I know that my DAISY output looks as I expect it to look?
- What can a text output be used for?
- Is Large Print output merely a matter of increasing the font size?
- Can I change the font size and styles for my Large Print output?
- Do I have to install Duxbury to produce Braille output?
- What does the voice of audio formats sound like (in MP3 and DAISY books)?
- How can I use the MP3 files generated by EasyConverter?
- I need to convert some long documents; will the MP3 file be really big?
- My visually impaired students are used to listening to high speed speech, what control do I have over the audio speed?
- How easy is it to navigate around EasyConverter outputs?
- What software do end-users need to access converted files?
Try before you Buy
- How can I be sure EasyConverter will be beneficial to me?
- How long will it take to download a Free trial version of Dolphin's Software?
- Does the EasyConverter demo version have any restrictions?
- Is EasyConverter really easy to use?
- Do I need training to use EasyConverter?
- If a word is mis-pronounced in my audio output, can I correct this in EasyConverter?
- Can I store documents that I know I will need to access in future?
- Is EasyConverter accessible to screen reader users?
- I regularly say to my students, "turn to page 5". How will this work for my large print reader?
- If I convert a document that I have scanned, do I have to scan it again to make different output formats?
- Are EasyConverter outputs too complicated for primary level students to use?
- Can I use the speech synthesiser installed on my computer?