The reading and writing toolbar for dyslexia
Latest Version: 1.03 - What's new?
What's New in this version of SaySo?
Read about the latest update: release notes for 1.03
New in version 1.02 (released: 29/06/2012)
SaySo v1.0.2 includes a whole host of improvements to make SaySo even more solid and reliable, as well as offering new Save As functionality, network improvements, improvements to Bookshelf AND a US translation.
Make DAISY talking books with full heading navigation
SaySo's Save As feature has been improved to create higher quality DAISY books when saving an MS Word document.
In v1.0.2, when saving a Microsoft Word document to DAISY, all the document's headings and images are respected in the conversion. Once opened in a DAISY reader (e.g. Bookshelf reader in SaySo, or a hardware DAISY player), readers can instantly skip between any of these headings.
v1.0.2 includes a number of fixes to improve the deployment of SaySo via networks. To check whether SaySo is suitable for use on your network, contact Dolphin today!
US English translation
SaySo v1.0.2 is now available in UK English, Swedish and US English. The new US English translation includes a US English dictionary and US English Soundalike word list.
Users of the US English version will also be able to use SaySo's Bookshelf to search for, download and read any of the thousands of accessible eBooks offered by Bookshare (using their Bookshare login details).
Improvements to Bookshelf:
RSS reader improvements
- Bookshelf's news RSS reader now opens the full article in Bookshelf's reader
New content provider: Seeing Ear
- Customers of the Seeing Ear library can now use Bookshelf to search for, download and read accessible eBooks from the Seeing Ear library database
A number of general performance improvements have been made to SaySo's play feature to improve playback in Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, including:
- Improved response time after pressing the play button
- Improved reading of currencies and numbers
- Improved reading of text in smart quotation marks
- Fixes to prevent SaySo from skipping out lines of text
Fixes have also been made to prevent highlighted text from appearing over the top of SaySo's toolbar
A number of improvements have been made to the way in which SaySo displays definitions for words, including:
- Displaying definitions of the actual word (and not variant words)
- No longer displaying definitions for certain unrecognised words
Improved consistency when using Check in edit areas on websites
In v1.0.2, users are now prevented from using spell or Soundalike check on documents which cannot be edited (e.g. received emails, web page content).
SaySo's document wash now refreshes a lot quicker when a new document, email or web page is opened
Improved consistency when switching from 'full screen' to 'document only'.
When exporting the AutoCorrect list, the columns now all line up correctly in notepad
When upgrading from v1.0.1 to v1.0.2, the previous settings from v1.0.1 are now carried over to new installation
A number of changes have been made to SaySo's default settings, including:
Mouse pointers are now ON by default
- AutoCorrect is now ON by default
- Scan and Read recognition language now defaults to installation language
Customers are now able to manually update their v1.0.1 to v1.0.2. Internet updating is being added in a future version.
Additional Bookshelf fixes
Improvements to content management:
- Improved consistency when adding new folders to Bookshelf
- Improved performance of search feature for searching My Devices and My Document folders
- Download status now behaves more consistently, providing a more accurate download status
Improvements to Bookshelf Reader:
- Headings tab now displays every time a new book is opened
- Users can now use the select, copy and paste hotkeys in Bookshelf's Bookmarks dialog
- NIMAS books are now opened in Bookshelf Reader by default
- Improved performance when switching voices in Bookshelf
- Voice speed settings are now consistent between SaySo and Bookshelf
Improvements to online content providers:
- Customers in Sweden can now log out from (as well as logging in to) the TPB library
- Fixes to ensure Bookshelf displays a play button as soon as a book has been downloaded
Improvements to RSS reader:
- Links within news articles now open in a web browser (not in Bookshelf reader)
For a complete list of features in each release and the latest updates, visit the SaySo Version History