Knowledge Base Article Number: Q0348
Created On: 24 May 2011
Last Updated on: 07 Jun 2011
Cannot open pop-up calendars and other features on some websites displayed in Internet Explorer.
- SuperNova Access Suite
- SuperNova Magnifier
- SuperNova Reader Magnifier
- Dolphin Pen
When running a version 12 Dolphin magnifier product and you attempt to click on a feature such as a popup calendar on a website, the calendar does not appear.
This may occur on websites with popup calendars, such as that on the UK National Rail website at www.nationalrail.co.uk
Similar problems may be experienced on Facebook notifications.
To work around this problem you can turn off the magnifier's DOM (Document Object Model) support.
To do this:
1. Click on any blank area of the website to make sure Internet Explorer has the focus.
2. Press LEFT CONTROL + SPACEBAR. The Supernova Control Panel opens.
3. Press ALT + F. The "File" menu opens,
4. Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to select "New" and press ENTER. A sub menu opens.
5. Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to select "Map" and press ENTER. The "Select Map File" dialog box opens.
6. Use the UP and DOWNARROW keys to select the "Use an existing map file" radio.
7. TAB to the list of available map files.
8. Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to select the item called "Internet Explorer 5.0 v2.02".
9. TAB to the "OK" button and press ENTER. This will close the dialog box and confirm your changes.
10. Close Internet Explorer and then open again. The problem should now be gone.
Downloads and useful links:
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send any comments on this article quoting article number Q0348 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have this problem too!
If you're experiencing this issue with your Dolphin software then let us know and we will update you when more information or a fix is available:
Printed from www.YourDolphin.com.
© 2011 Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. All rights reserved.