Knowledge Base Article Number: Q0356
Created On: 01 Jun 2011
Last Updated on: 25 Feb 2013
Supernova v12 Network Installation Guide
- SuperNova Access Suite
- SuperNova Magnifier
- SuperNova Reader Magnifier
- SuperNova Screen Reader
Step by step instructions for carrying out a successful server installation of Supernova 12. Note: These instructions are for those wishing to install Supernova v12 on a Windows file server and launch Supernova from client machines. For those wishing to carry out a terminal server or Citrix based installation, please contact Dolphin for details of the Citrix and Terminal Server Support Pack.
To complete the network installation, you will:
- Install SuperNova to the file server.
- Activate SuperNova.
- Configure workstations to run SuperNova.
- Set the user's SuperNova settings folder.
To ensure a successful network installation you will need the following:
A folder on the file server that you can install the software to. You will install all SuperNova components to sub-folders inside the folder and all users should have Read permissions to this folder and subfolders.
- All users should be able to access this folder using the same network name (UNC path, share name, etc).
- Each user should have a private folder. This can be part of a roaming profile or just a personal folder. The user's private folder can be on the network or on their local machine if they always use the same machine.
- Administrator access to all workstations.
Step 1: Install SuperNova to the file server
To do this:
Log onto a workstation or onto the file server, using a user account that has permission to write to the chosen folders on the file server.
- Run the Dolphin installation program from the product CD-ROM.
- In the install program, select the install language and then choose the "Next" button to move on to the next screen.
- Select "Network" as your product version and then choose the "Next" button to move on to the next screen.
- If the install program sees a previous version on the file server, then you must choose either to create a new install or update the existing install. Make your selection and then choose the "Next" button to move onto the next screen.
- Move through the "Welcome", "Readme" and "End User License" screens by choosing the "Next" button.
- Select "Custom Installation" and then choose the "Next" button to move on to the next screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the install program, ensuring that you enter the UNC path for the destination folder for each component, for example:
Installation to the file server is now complete.
Step 2: Activate SuperNova
Product activation is required in order to obtain a software license for SuperNova. Without a software license SuperNova will run for only 30 days.
You will require your SuperNova software license certificate to activate SuperNova. Note, you may have received your certificate separate to the software.
To activate SuperNova:
- Locate and run the EXE to launch SuperNova. You will find the EXE in the SuperNova installation folder.
- When SuperNova starts, a message window will appear asking you to install the Dolphin Interceptor driver. You can skip this action by choosing the "No" button. The Dolphin Interceptor driver is only required on workstations that will be running SuperNova.
- Next, the product activation window will appear. This will tell you that activation is still required and of the number of days remaining before SuperNova times out.
- Select "Activate now" to start the activation process.
- Select the "Multi user license" button.
- Enter in the multi user license code (Network License Code) stated on your software license certificate. This is not the same as the serial number printed on the product DVD.
Product activation is complete.
Step 3: Configure workstations
You must configure each workstation to run SuperNova: You maybe able to automate these steps with login scripts.
- Logon as the Administrator or someone who has security equivalence. You will need permission to write to the installation folder.
- Locate the SuperNova installation folder on the network using Windows Explorer and run the program "Netinstall.exe". You should get a message saying "Interception driver installed and configured successfully". If you get any other message then you probably do not have sufficient security permission.
- Log off and re-start the machine.
The configuring of the workstation is complete.
Step 4: Set the user's SuperNova settings folder
New users begin with the SuperNova Setup Wizard. This will guide them through different SuperNova choices. To save their settings a folder must be available that SuperNova can write too. Users will enter this location at the end of the Setup Wizard unless a path is already stated.
To avoid the user needing to enter a folder location, you must add an entry to the registry. You need to enter the following key:
String Value Name: Settings
String Value Data: [folder location]
Downloads and useful links:
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send any comments on this article quoting article number Q0356 to email@example.com.
I have this problem too!
If you're experiencing this issue with your Dolphin software then let us know and we will update you when more information or a fix is available:
Printed from www.YourDolphin.com.
© 2011 Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. All rights reserved.