Where can I find WiFi?
There are hundreds of wireless hotspots located around the world that allow you connect to the Internet with any wireless enabled device such as a PDA, Smart Phone or laptop computer.
There are also numerous websites available to help you find your nearest WiFi or "hotspot" as they are often called, we have provided links a selection of these below:
Please note that Dolphin is not responsible for the content of external websites and the following links are provided for information purposes only. Feel free to suggest other WiFi websites that you think would be useful.
For the UK:
- www.myhotspots.co.uk- Allows you to search by town or postcode.
- www.hotspothaven.com- Choose to browse the US, Europe and other continents and also option to select to search for free hotspots only.
- www.wififreespot.com - a listing of WiFi enabled locations that offer Free Wireless High Speed Internet Access, view by US state or country.
- www.jiwire.com - An online directory of over 100,000 hotspots in 128 countries.
- http://freenetworks.org- A volunteer cooperative association dedicated to education and advocacy for the creation of FreeNetworks.
- http://wigle.net - Worldwide database and mapping of wireless networks.
- www.wi-fi.org - The WiFi alliance, driving the adoption of wireless networking.
Internet articles relating to WiFi
The following links may be of interest.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi - Definitions and explanations of WiFi from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Google offers free WiFi to San Francisco - October 2005 (PC Pro)
- Taipei aims to be world's first fully Wi-Fi city - November 2004 (PC Pro)
- Paris eyes City-wide WiFi - July 2006 (PC Pro)
- Paris wants wireless Internet Access across City - July 2006 (Reuters)
- San Francisco choose Google to offer citywide Wi-Fi access - May 2006 (CNET.com)
- Official Google Blog: Update on wi-fi in San Francisco - June 2006 (Google)
- Polynesians get free wireless web - June 2003 (BBC)
- WiFi Adoption In China Is Gaining Momentum - June 2006 (WiFi Alliance)
- Unwire Jerusalem - Jerusalem first Israeli city to provide free wireless internet network - November 2004 (Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Central Park to be wireless hub - May 2006 (BBC)
- UK cities getting wireless internet zones as part of a project by BT - May 2006 (BBC)
- S Korea speeds up wi-fi on the go - May 2006 (BBC)
- Sprint says yes to US-wide WiMAX network - August 2006 (theregister.co.uk)