Job vacancy: Software Development Engineer
NOW RECRUITING for both immediate & end of academic year start dates!
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date: 31st August 2013
Dolphin delivers independence to people with vision and print impairments. We do this through the development of software solutions that remove obstacles to successful learning, working and playing. Dolphin is one of the leading suppliers of software to people with low vision and dyslexia, with a distribution channel in over forty countries and products available in over twenty languages
Dolphin is currently working hard to improve its customer experience through the provision of an improved, high quality range of innovative products and services. The role is an exciting one for a recent graduate. Dolphin's strategic focus on quality and innovation will require the successful candidate to engage in ongoing personal and organizational development, to support both improvements to quality processes, and a move to more agile development processes.
Specifically responsibilities will include:
- Software development work as part of a team developing a variety of retail products for the visually impaired on a variety of platforms.
- Bug fixing of existing products.
- Provide assistance to the technical support staff as necessary.
- 2.1/1st Class Degree level in an Engineering or Science subject (Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar preferred)
C/C++, Application programming essential
Knowledge of the following is desirable:
- Qt and QML/QtQuick.
- Microsoft Windows/Android
- Git, or any other version control system.
- Algorithms and data structures.
- Multi-threading concurrency.
- Microsoft Windows Native API (WIN32).
- Unit testing.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Self motivated, committed and driven to achieve to the best of their ability
- Responsibility driven, and able to work under own initiative and unsupervised
- Organised and methodical in their approach to work
- Able to concentrate on detail, with a high degree of quality control
- Be able to communicate effectively with people inside and outside of the department
- Able to cooperate and work as part of a team
- Have excellent problem solving skills
- Proactively manage their learning and career