Why Choose Dolphin?
Futurists believe knowledge is the new gold, the new oil, the great natural resource of the 21st century. Yet, knowledge on every subject is freely available through the World Wide Web. Using search engines such as Google, information can be found and downloaded in an instant. However, almost 20% of us in developed countries around the world are prohibited from learning because we can't access the printed word. Vision impairments and print impairments are the two primary causes.
Since 1986 Dolphin has been working to combat the impact of visual and print impairments by improving access to information. Here's what we've done:
Low Vision and Blindness
- We've created low vision and blindness products to allow people with visual impairments to gain access to their PCs and laptops at home, at work and in education.
- We're the only company in the world to have developed a combined magnification and screen reading tool to benefit people who are marginal low vision/blind and also allow institutions to have a seamless solution for their low vision and blind communities.
- We've put your assistive technology on to a USB pen drive so you can take your software on your travels, calling in to libraries, universities and internet cafes. When you get there, you won't just find Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer and Outlook, but SuperNova, with all your favourite settings.
- We made Hal work on PDAs so that when you were on the move and you wanted to stay connected, the technology is available and Dolphin made it accessible.
- Dolphin's assistive technology packages for visual impairment have been developed to operate seamlessly in different environments including on:
- Stand alone PCs and laptops
- Mobile platforms
- Education and business networks
- Terminal server and Citrix mainframe
Research has shown that in addition to problems with print, people with dyslexia tend to have short term memory problems. Because of this our reading and writing tools have been designed to have easy to use interfaces.
Low vision, Blindness and print impairments - Altformat materials
Our altformat solutions allow employers and educators to comply with international disability legislation and make provision for vision and print impaired stakeholders including staff and customers.
Dolphin has created an exciting range of tools to allow people with vision and print impairments, their employers, educators and family to convert standard print into alternative formats such as large print, Brialle, MP3 audio and DAISY (Digital Accessible Information Systems) output. Standard print can be re-rendered into MP3 audio or DAISY text and audio output in a couple of button presses.
We've created a safe environment to enjoy Dolphin products:
If you buy a Dolphin product we will commit to doing the following:
- Provide a product that is reliable and stable.
- Provide training materials that are easy to use and come in your favourite formats.
- Provide free product support.
- Provide a no quibble money back guarantee if you are dissatisfied with the product within 30 days.