ABBYY SDK EULA and Terms.
- 11.1 The End User is granted a Runtime License for the ABBYY SDK contained in the Application on condition that the End User complies with the terms and conditions of the EULA which apply to the ABBYY SDK or to the Application as a whole. The Runtime License may be time- or function-limited and protected from unauthorized copying by means of a hardware or software protection key which is an integral part of the ABBYY SDK.
- 11.2 The End User may not perform or make it possible for other persons to perform any activities included in the list below:
- 11.2.1 Disassemble or decompile (i.e. extract the source code from the object code) ABBYY SDK (Application, databases, and other ABBYY SDK components), except, and only to the extent, that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- 11.2.2 Modify ABBYY SDK, including making changes to the object code of the Application and databases contained in the ABBYY SDK other than those provided for by the ABBYY SDK and described in the documentation.
- 11.2.3 Transfer any rights granted to you hereby and other rights related to ABBYY SDK to any other person, not authorized to use ABBYY SDK.
- 11.2.4 Make it possible for any person not entitled to use ABBYY SDK and working in the same multi-user system as you to use ABBYY SDK.
- 11.3 ABBYY SDK is supplied "as is." ABBYY does not guarantee that ABBYY SDK will carry no errors, nor will it be liable for any damages, either direct or indirect, including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss resulting from the use of ABBYY SDK, or damages caused by possible errors or misprints in ABBYY SDK.
- 11.4 Export Rules.
If purchased in the United States, ABBYY SDK shall not be exported or re-exported in violation of any export provisions of the United States or any other applicable legislation.
- 11.5 If any part of the EULA is found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the balance of the EULA, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. The EULA shall not prejudice the statutory rights of any party dealing as a consumer.
- 11.6 Adobe PDF Library®.
"Adobe Software" means Adobe PDF Library® for Windows NT, 2000, XP, 98, Me and related documentation, and any upgrades, modified versions, updates, additions, and copies thereof. ABBYY FineReader 8.0/1 uses the Adobe Software for converting PDF files into image files.
- 11.7 License Grant and Restrictions.
ABBYY grants you a non-exclusive right to use the Adobe Software incorporated into ABBYY SDK under the terms of this EULA. You may make one backup copy of the Adobe Software incorporated into the SOFTWARE, provided the backup copy is not installed or used on any computer.
- 11.8 Intellectual Property Rights.
The Adobe Software incorporated into the SOFTWARE is owned by Adobe and its suppliers, and its structure, organization and code are the valuable trade secrets of Adobe and it suppliers. The Adobe Software is also protected by United States Copyright Law and International Treaty provisions. You may not copy the Adobe Software incorporated into the SOFTWARE, except as provided in this EULA. Any copies that you are permitted to make pursuant to this EULA must contain the same copyright and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the SOFTWARE. You agree not to modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Adobe Software incorporated into the SOFTWARE. Except as stated above, this EULA does not grant you any intellectual property rights in the Adobe Software.
- 11.9 Font License.
If the SOFTWARE or Adobe Software incorporated into the SOFTWARE includes font software, you may embed the font software, or outlines of the font software, into your electronic documents to the extent that the font vendor copyright owner allows for such embedding. The fonts contained in this package may contain both Adobe and non-Adobe owned fonts. You may fully embed any font owned by Adobe.
- 11.10 Warranty.
ABBYY AND ITS SUPPLIERS DO NOT AND CANNOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE ADOBE SOFTWARE INCORPORATED INTO THE SOFTWARE.
- 11.11 THE FOREGOING STATES THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR ABBYY'S BREACH OF WARRANTY. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY INDICATED IN SECTION 3.1.5. OF THIS EULA, ADOBE AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF AN ADOBE REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
- 11.12 Some countries, states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or special damages, or the exclusion of implied warranties, or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so the above limitations may not apply to you. To the extent permissible, any implied warranties are limited to thirty (30) days. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights, which vary from state to state or jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
- 11.13 Export Rules.
You agree that the Adobe Software incorporated into the SOFTWARE will not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act or any other export laws, restrictions or regulations (collectively the "Export Laws"). In addition, if the Adobe Software incorporated into the SOFTWARE is identified as export controlled items under the Export Laws, you represent and warrant that you are not a citizen, or otherwise located within, an embargoed nation and that you are not otherwise prohibited under the Export Laws from receiving the Adobe Software incorporated into the SOFTWARE. All rights to use the Adobe Software incorporated into the SOFTWARE are granted on condition that such rights are forfeited if you fail to comply with the terms of this EULA.
Return to the complete EasyConverter EULA.